Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Letter to Daddy... :(

No metal songs, no bitter symphony,
Can come close to describe what i feel,
No words that rhyme in the vocabulary,
Can help fix this nightmare turning real,
Are you happy with what you are doing?
Is it final that you are leaving
Me here just like you did before,
Lost and confused you just walked out that door...

Daddy why don't you look at me?
And tell me it's time to be on my own?
"I'm going home..." you said to me,
"Believe me anne, you are not alone..."
But daddy, this is not my territory,
I'm miles apart from family,
I don't know where I'm supposed to run,
When things go wrong, when the down goes the sun...

Is it enough what you had taught
Survival lessons, my guide to life,
But too many battles i have fought,
This is the hardest staying alive,
What if i lose in destiny?
Will you return to rescue me?
What if i'm lost and cannot find
My way back home, when i'm left behind?

I used to be your priority,
You gave me everything a daughter needs,
But materials can't fix this melancholy,
Do you know that my heart bleeds?
I am scared of what comes tomorrow
Scared of loneliness and the sorrow,
Terrified of facing the new sunrise,
Afraid of facing the truth and the lies...

Daddy i guess it's time for you to go home
And live the life you had put on hold
For you had worked hard for this family
Protecting us from the heat and the cold,
I don't know what God has planned for me
But this is where i will learn,
Just pray for me to be safe and happy,
I'll be the daughter you're always proud of,
Goodbye for now... i'll miss you, daddy... :(

1 comment: