Monday, October 17, 2011

"One Year As A Lecturer..."

Can you believe it? it's been a year!
Since I left my life as an engineer,
365 days i have been working here,
And loving each minute of my career,
Never want this to disappear,
Cheers to a year, of my lecturing premier...

Looking back into the past,
How i am glad it did not last,
Long enough as a lonely outcast,
In a place called home, where misery trespassed...

As i stepped foot in a strange new place,
Grew 1000 worry lines on my face,
I did not know how to start off my pace,
There were unknown faces, one of each race,
Do they know about my life of disgrace?
Was this another suckiness I have to embrace?

In my old life, working in construction,
I had lived everyday getting lost in depression,
Took a deep breath, this won't be another destruction,
It was time to make an awesome first impression!

My first few classes were a pile of misery,
How evil and cruel those students were to me,
But as i learned this is not even my story,
It's their time to shine, to live, to study,
All I should do is lead them to what they could be,
With love, with a heart full of sincerity...

Now when I look back at my old days,
Oh how i wish to change it in so many ways,
The sadness and hopelessness my life potrayed,
Will be forgotten, won't be replayed...

In this new life, I found life and love,
But not the kind you wished from the above,
I found life as lecturer has its own little beauty,
The stresses are worth it, found my therapy,
I found friendship and hugs, laughter and tears
Raise your glass for today, and the upcoming years ;)

[18-10-2010 ----- 18-10-2011]



No comments:

Post a Comment